Getting maximum value from CHAMPS
Here are ten ways in which other schools are already using the program.
You will see that you can benefit from CHAMPS by treating it purely as a resource for students, without the need to allocate class or teacher time. Alternatively it can be used to teach learning and study skills directly. Either way, CHAMPS will have a highly positive impact on your school.
As a resource for students only*
1. CHAMPS is an
ideal way to engage parents in supporting their children's learning - because
home web access is free when schools subscribe and home CD-ROMs are available.
2. In the library and/or resource centre for permanent reference
3. For an after-school club or lunch-time computer club.
4. As a homework project.
Integrated into the classroom.
5. Used in INSET
sessions to improve the standard of teaching and learning
6. As a way for teachers to embed effective learning strategies during a lesson on any subject.
7. Used as part of the SEN programme and/or an Able Pupils Programme (It suits both!)
8. Used in PHSE as part of a tutorial programme to improve motivation to learn.
9. Used as part of a Thinking Skills course.
10. In networked small groups as part of a lesson or used as a whole class lesson using a projector or interactive whiteboard.
* You will find that the typical student will require about nine 40 minute sessions to complete the course.
© Accelerated Learning Systems 2001